Friday 13 February 2015

Meet the Maker - Cobweb Creations


We spoke to Clair Craig from Cobweb Creations about her business selling personalised wooden keepsakes and gifts.

How did you decide on your business name? 
The business name came from a tiny heart shaped cobweb that I found while clearing out my very messy bits and bobs box

What year did you establish your business? January 2013. I am self-employed and Cobweb is my main job.

What led you to create your business? 
Ill-health meant giving up the day job and I had always made painted or sewn gifts for family and they encouraged me to get started, needless to say I am loving every minute, working from home. 

Is there one item that you’ve created which is more memorable than others?
The memorable creation is the hanging heart - My family is tied together with heartstrings. A heart shaped plaque with mini hearts round the edge, all joined together with string and family's names on each heart. It came from knowing what a supportive and loving family I have.

What’s your most expensive item? 
The most expensive item would be a set of wedding table display made to colour co-ordinate with wedding theme.


And now some quick-fire questions...

What was your new year resolution? 
New Year's resolution was to be positive and laugh loads.

What is your dream holiday destination? Lanzarote

What’s your favourite cake? Chocolate cake

What’s your favourite flavour of crisps? Sweet chilli crisps

What was the last film you went to watch at the cinema?
Haven't been to the cinema for over 20 years, prefer to watch a dvd in the comfort of my snuggle sofa.

What’s your favourite time of year? Summer

How do you like to unwind? I unwind by spending time with my lovely grown up daughters and especially my granddaughter.

If you want to see more work by Cobweb Creations you can visit the Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment